Ever been a part of a team where
- You were handed a UI design on a new project.
- Your teams starts a project and build what it was asked for.
- This design came from some other team or group.
- You built this new application it and tested it (all ready to go).
- Then the aha moment comes when you present this newly build application in front of your clients waiting for a WOW reaction.
- Opss… your clients say we needed a Zebra and this looks more like a Donkey.
Did someone missed the point somewhere in the whole process?
You’ve got it right! while you were busy building the perfect Zebra no-one asked users for their timely feedback during the development. I am not saying that’s the case with every team but reality of software development business is that teams always try to make perfect application in the first attempt to wow their clients.
Research shows the more client involvement in the product development the better the outcome. The quick you receive feedback the better position you are in to make changes with less cost and you might end-up close to building the perfect Zebra that your client wanted
Let me ask how your team is collecting feedback from clients and how you are making smart data-based decisions?
In order to build your perfect Zebra you can leverage new tools to collect user feedback, these tools are smart, cheap, scalable and will guide your team to make data-based decissions.
In the next blog post I’ll be explaining more about these tools.